Update : 2021-12-2
Take out wastes between daybreak and 8 o'clock in the morning on the waste collection day, following the rules and manners.
Reduce kitchen waste (Don't feed crows.)
- Make efforts not to buy too much, to cook all and to eat all.
- Soka City gives subsidies to those who buy and install garbage disposers.
Buy only what you need.
Hide kitchen waste (Crows have good eyesight.)
- Drain off water from kitchen waste, put it into a small bag, wrap it with newspaper so that crows cannot see it, and place it in the middle of the waste collection bag.
Cover the waste with a waste scatter prevention net
- Cover the waste with a yellow net of fine meshes (large: 3m x 4m, small: 2m x 3m). It will be effective to cover all the wastes and to place stones along the edge of the net so that crows cannot lift it or sneak under it.
- If you are using a green net of loose meshes or if the net is damaged, you can exchange it with a new one. Contact Kankyo Gyomu Center (Environmental Services Center), Recycle Center or Kurashi Anzen-ka (Life Safety Section).
Exchange the green net with a yellow one.
Haikibutsu Shigen-ka (Refuse and Recycle Section)