Jump to menu.Jump to contents.
Soka City

English Website > 01.Latest News > City Newspaper 2021 > City Newspaper March 20, 2021 > Rabies Vaccination and Registration of Your Dog by Dec. 31

Rabies Vaccination and Registration of Your Dog by Dec. 31

Update : 2021-12-8

The owners of dogs must have them annually vaccinated against rabies as mandated by law.
But this year, from the viewpoint of avoiding infection of Covid-19, group rabies shots at the designated places is cancelled.
Please have a vaccination at a veterinary hospital and report by December 31 (Thursday).

"Certificate of being rabies vaccinated" (550 yen for issuance) will be issued at the Kurashi Anzen-ka (Life Safety Section) in the City Hall.
If you will take a vaccination at the veterninary hospitals concluded an agreement with Soka City, you can get a "Certificate of being rabies vaccinated" at there.
The list of veterninary hospitals have an agreement with Soka City is:

People who own dogs are required to have their dogs registered (once in their life) at the City Hall within 30 days from the day they begin to own dogs (or from the day a dog will reach 91 days old if a person begin to own a puppy within the first 90 days after birth).
The owners are required to notify the Soka City Hall in the event of owner change, address change or the death of dogs.
Please use a lead and take dog's dung home when you walk with your dog.


Kurashi Anzen-ka (Life Safety Section)
Tel.(048) 922-3642
FAX(048) 922-1030