Update : 2021-12-1
Headquarters for COVID-19 Control, the mayor is a charman, was installed on Februray 20, 2020.
They decided the guidelines for the meetings/events and temporary closure of public facilities in order to prevent outbreaks and control the spread of infection of COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus disease).
* Information about COVID-19 in 14 languages by CLAIR (Council Local Authorities for International Relations) is available: http://www.clair.or.jp/tabunka/portal/info/contents/114517.php(External link.)
Summary of Guideline for Meetings/Events
Meetings/Events held by the Soka City, where unspecified large number of people attend, are cancelled or postponed until the end of March. Standards of cancellation and postponement
- Unspecified large number of people are expected to attend
- People who might be serious condition (* ) are expected to attend * The elderly (above 65 years old), persons with chronic diseases, persons who take immunosuppressant drugs or anticsncer drugs or pregnant women
- The venues where high possibility of spreading infection (many chances of contacting with other persons, airtightness is high etc.) is expected
When we held the meetings/event unavoidably we take measures to prevent infection (use disinfectant, reduce the chances of contact infection)
9th Soka MatsubaraTaikobashi (Arched Bridge) Road Race on March 8 is cancelled
Inquire for other events to each section in charge.
Temporary Closure of Public Faciliteis (as of March 1)
For the elderly
Deai-no-mori and Fureai-no-sato for the elderly are closed from March 2 (Mon.)
Choju Shien-ka (Senior Citizens Support Section)
For the children
Jido-kans, Jido Centers (Child Centers) and Seishonen Koryu Center (Exchange Center for the children from 12 to 22 yrs old in Yatsuka)
Kodomo Ikusei-ka (Youth Healthy Development Section)
Shimin Onsui Pool (Citizen's Heated Pool), Training rooms in Kinen Taiiku-kan (Commemoratice Gymnasium) and Shimin Taiiiku-kan (Citizen's Gymnasium)
Sports Shinko-ka (Sports Promotion Section)
* All the public facilitites including above ones are scheduled to be closed until March 31 (Tue.)
Support for Closure of All Elementary/Junior High Schools (as of February 28)
Houkago Kodomo Kyoshitsu (After-school Children Class) and undertakings at the schools are now under consideration. We will notice on the HP of Soka City.
* All the elementary schools and junior high schools will be temporary closed from March 2 (Mon.) to March 26 (Thur.). School-year end holidays and spring holidays are from Mar. 27 (Fri.) to April 7 (Wed.).
Infection Prevention for the individual: 'Hand Washing' and 'Coughing Manners'
Wash your hands carefully and regularly.
Cough and sneeze etiquette: Wear a mask properly. (cover your mouth and nose)
Shin-gata Corona Virus Taisaku Honbu, Kiki Kanri-ka (COVID-19 Control Headquarters in Crisis Control Sectio)