Update : 2022-8-5
Torrential Rain and Typhoon Season Approaching
To the 2nd Floor of the Building (Such as Your House) or Higher
Q: Why not an evacuation shelter?
Major reasons to recommend home evacuation (vertical evacuation to the 2nd floor of your house or higher)
Considering the land form of Soka City
- The flood will not come as high as the 2nd floor or higher in most of the areas.
- The landslide disaster will not occur.
- The flood will not wash away houses.
- You will have little stress in a familiar place.
- You lose no time to reach a place of evacuation and have little danger.
- You can avoid the risk of infection in a group life.
Vertical evacuation: 3 m or higher
Necessary Items for Home Evacuation
To Make Yourself Comfortable
Foods and water
Number of family X At least 3 days
Rolling Stock Method
Buy foods whose best-before date is within a year a little more than usual, stock them, and consume and supplement them regularly. This method works for a stock.
Make additional purchase
Number of family X For 1 week or more
Prevention of Reverse Flow of Daily Life Drainage
In case roads around a building are flooded, reverse flow of water may occur from the drainage of the bathroom or from toilets. Water-sac will prevent reverse flow.
How to make water-sacs
(1)Prepare two garbage bags (45 L).
(2)Double the bags and fill halfway with water.
(3)Remove all the air from the bag and tie the bag.
Kiki Kanri-ka (Crisis Control Section)