Update : 2022-1-24
Soka City subsidizes part of the operation fees of spray or castration for stray cats in order to reduce unhappy cats.
Consultation in advance is necessary to use this system.
Application may be closed before the deadline as a budget is limited.
Operation fees of spray or castration for house cats are not covered.
We lend the traps for catching stray cats （maximum 14 days）
Eligible cats： （meets all the conditions below）
（1）Applicant is a resident of Soka City
（2）Cats that live in Soka City and not kept by the owner or the cats that are looked after by local
（3）Spray or castration operation and ear v-cut treatment （sing of the operation） at the designated
（4）Operations at the designated animal hospitals
Castration for male cats： 7,000 yen Spay for female cats： 9,000 yen
* Limited to 5 cats for a household within 2021 fiscal year. （end of March, 2022）
* Additional 5 cats will be accepted only in this fiscal year.
How to apply
Submit an advance consultation paper before the operation and submit photos of the cat（s） before and after the operation （v-cut treatment） and an application form with a copy of the receipt.
Cautions： Invalid cases
- 90 days has passed after the submittion of an advance consultation paper. An application form will not submitted by February 28 （Moni.）, 2022.
- Operation may not be undergone due to some reasons of the hospitals.
- Please find owners who can keep the castrated/spayed cats properly.
Soka City cannot accept living cats.
Kurashi Anzen-ka （Life Safety Section）.
from December 6 （Mon.）, 2021 to February 28 （Mon.）, 2022