Update : 2021-12-2
In order to support parenting Child Rearing Allowance (Jido Fuyo Teate in Japanese) and Special Child Rearing Allowance (Tokubetsu Jido Fuyo Teate in Japanese) will be paid to the people concerned.
The following persons are required to proceed to make applications.
Also, the current status report forms and income report forms will be mailed to the people who have been received these allowances by now around in the later July.
Please send back to: 〒340-8550 Kosodate Shien-ka after fill in the necessary fields within the application period.
Child Rearing Allowance (Jido Fuyo Teate in Japanese)
Mother/father and guardians of a child in the following * conditions,
* Under 18 year-old (until the next March 31 after his/her 18 year birthday)
* Under 20 year-old who has a certain disability (until the previous day of his/her 20th birthday)
and whose income of 2020 is less than the amounts shown in Table 1 and meets one of the following six conditions.
- A child who is not supported financially by and doesn't live together with his/her mother/father or parents due to divorce or death (including missing).
- A child's mother or father has a specific level of disability.
- A child is deserted for one year and more by his mother or father.
- A child's mother or father is detained by the law for one year and more.
- A mother bore a child out of wedlock.
- A child's mother or father is under the Protection Orders because of spouse's DV.
Table 1: Limitation of Income for Child Rearing Allowance (Jido Fuyo Teate)
Mother/Father or guardian
Whole amount payment
|Number of dependents||Income amount|
Partial amount payment
|Number of dependents||Income amount|
Spouse, Person under duty to support,person raising orphan
|Number of dependents||Income amount||Income amount||Income amount|
|0||490,000||1,920,000 yen||2,360,000 yen|
|1||870,000||2,300,000 yen||2,740,000 yen|
|2||1,250,000||2,680,000 yen||3,120,000 yen|
|3||1,630,000||3,060,000 yen||3,500,000 yen|
|4||2,010,000||3,440,000 yen||3,880,000 yen|
Amount of Payment
See Table 2 ("Partial Payment" will be changed dependent on income.)
From April, 2021
|Number of children||Whole amount payment||Partial paymen|
|1||43,160 en||43,150 yen～10,180 yen|
|2||Additional 10,190 yen||Add 10,180 yen~ 5,100 yen|
|3 or more||Additional 6,110 yen per child||Add 6,100 yen～3,060 yen per child|
Date and Time for receiving Genkyo Todoke (Current Status Report) as of Aug. 1
Date: Send back during Aust 1 (Sundat) and 31 (Tue.) with an eclosed envelope
* should be postmarked on or before Aug. 31 (Mon.).
* If not, the allowance will be not paid after November.
(!) The person who meets one of the following conditions cannot receive Child Rearing Allowance (Jido Fuyo Teate in Japanese)
- An applicant or a child/children have no address in Japan.
- A child is entrusted to foster parents
- A child is in a child welfare institution (except a livelihood support facility for mothers and children).
- A child is in a Juvenile Training School or Juvenile Classification Home.
- A mother or a father has a person in a relationship with the resident where a marital relationship is de facto, though a marriage has not been registered:
For example: boyfriend/girlfriend visits her/his house frequently or receives financial support (assistance of living expenses etc.)
Special Child Rearing Allowance (Tokubetsu Jido Fuyo Teate in Japanese)
Guardians who bring up children under 20 having specific disabled conditions on mental or ody and their incomes of fiscal 2020 are less than the amounts shown on Table 3
Table 3: Limitation of Income for Special Child Rearing Allowance (Tokubetsu Jido Fuyo Teate)
|Number of dependents||Applicant him/her-self||Spouse or person under duty to support|
|0||4,596,000 yen||6,287,000 yen|
|1||4,976,000 yen||6,536,000 yen|
|2||5,356,000 yen||6,749,000 yen|
|3||5,736,000 yen||6,962,000 yen|
Amount of Payment (monthly)
Table 4: Monthly payment amount of Tokubetsu Jido Fuyo Teate (Special Child Rearing Allowance)
|Disability grade||Monthly payment|
|1st grade||52,500 yen per child|
|2nd grade||34,970 yen per child|
Date and Time for receiving Shotoku Genkyo Todoke (Current Income Status Report) as of Aug. 1
Date: Send back during Aust 1 (Sunday) and 14 (Saturday)
* Should be postmarked on or before Aug. 14 (Sat.).
Kosodate Shien-ka (Parenting Support Section)
Jido Fuyo Teate (Child Rearing Allowance) and Rinji/Tokubetsu Kyufukin (Temporary/Special Benefit) Tel.(048) 922-1476
Tokubetsu Jido Fuyo Teate (Special Child Rearing Allowance)
Address: Kosodate Shien-ka (Parenting Support Section)
〒340-0016 Chuo 1-1-8, Soka-shi